Monday, January 2, 2012

Sizing Up 2012

What is it about our weight and the time period between October and December? January 1, 2012 I found myself squeezing into my clothes wondering why I ate those extra helpings of holiday goodies! So today I'm plan my strategy to regain control of my munchies and of my health. My family medical history includes diabetes, hypertension and heart disease so keeping within a decent weight is not just about being cute for me, its about being around for my kids.

In my years of battling weight issues I have found one thing to be true in every season of losses and gains; food is not the enemy. Food is a gift from God. Some foods are meant to be staples and some rare treats, but it is not the enemy. I do have a real enemy who's goal is to do whatever he can to halt progression into the things God has planned for me. This battle is not just about what to eat and not to eat, but pursuing all God has for me. Thankfully God gives the grace to pursue each healthy choice, each day of activity, and each lifestyle change with a heart of gratitude and hope for a healthier tomorrow.

Today's online devotional by Sheri Rose Shepherd really blessed me and I pray it blesses you as well. She is offering Online Kitchen Coaching to help move God's princesses into a new place of health and wholeness. I will be doing this 20 session coaching series and would love to have you join me!

Wishing you all a healthy, happy and completely whole 2012! May God take you on a journey beyond your wildest imagination and land you smack dab in the middle of your calling and purpose!


You Are a New Creation

My Princess,

You are My precious daughter, and now that My spirit lives within you, I long to teach you about who you are. Let Me start by defining what you are not, My love. You are not a slave to sin any longer. You are no longer under Satan's power. You are not even your own because I bought you with My life.

As your Father, I'm asking you to set a higher standard for yourself. Let go of the old habits that are holding you back from becoming the new you. I can't take you to the next level of your faith until you're willing to receive My instruction. Just as I asked Abraham to leave his comfort zone and go to unfamiliar territory, I am leading you away from your former life. And then I invite you to enter into My presence and receive My power to transform your life.

Love,
Your King who gives new life


"What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!"
~2 Corinthians 5:17~


 from His Princess
by Sheri Rose Shepherd
  

3 comments:

  1. My resolution this year is to lose weight as well. Healthy is totally in this year, right??
    New follower for MBC
    Jessica
    www.anewadventureblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Health is totally in this year! Praying you both find great grace on your journey to better health this year!

    ReplyDelete