· They do not know they need to call out for help (i.e. they are overwhelmed and not aware)
· They do not know they have the right to ask for help
· They forget what they know about themselves, God, other, and life in times of trouble, confusion and distress
· The enemy of their souls comes to rob, steal and kill
· They are so loaded down with pain that they are unable to acknowledge it or face it and go into denial
· The pain is so great they are sinking beneath the weight of it and cannot carry it to the Cross on their own
- You sense a person’s emotional state—empathy draws you to them.
- You ask God if this is a burden you are supposed to deal with.
- If not, then immediately ask the Lord to lift it off of you, up and out.
- If this is a burden you are supposed to deal with, turn to God in prayer. Use what you sense and feel to tell Him what you and the person you are praying for need. The Holy Spirit draws the burden of others through and out of you.
- The Lord responds with loving comfort and healing for the person you are praying for and in the process you experience those blessings as well.
Because you are before God in prayer, as He releases His healing love toward the hurting person, it washes